It’s a fairly simple process and with a little bit of time and patience, you can enjoy a fresh new ROM on your phone with added features, customization, theming, and more. If you installed a custom ROM and you don’t like it, or it has issues, just download a new ROM and repeat the installation process.
If you don’t want this, tap on it and deselect Inject SuperSU. FlashFire enables you to make full backups of your device. These backups are designed to be restored through the app, but also include a TWRP-compatible file that you can restore through a custom recovery in an emergency.
In terms of updates, it’s not the fastest one, but for good performance and day-to-day tasks, you can definitely rely on OmniROM. Imagine being on your device’s stock ROM, but with slight tweaks here and there that allow you to customize your device without losing out on the Stock stability. CrDroid has been around for some time and it has gained huge popularity among stock Android enthusiasts. Similar to AOSP Extended, crDroid has an active development team and supports some of the old devices like Redmi Note 5 Pro, Poco F1, and more. Rooting your device can give an opportunity to tap into the deep potential of your Android device and open up a world of possibility. The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so take a complete device backup beforehand. Custom ROMs bring out a new experience to your mobile devices.
- To make a backup, tap the + icon and select Backup, followed by Normal.
- If you have a MediaTek device and want to upgrade or downgrade your phone then you should download SP Flash Tool Latest Version.
- You could directly get the boot and vendor_boot.img files from here without downloading the firmware.
- After that, all the content backed up to your Google account should appear on the main screen for viewing.
- At this point, Paranoid Android has added support for a long list of smartphones including Xiaomi, OnePlus, realme, Nothing, Google, and more.
However, after searching the web for a while I just can’t seem to find any stock ROMs that are for CP8722_U00, only for CP8722_S00 which I assume is probably incompatible. Rooting is an important process that must be done to Android device, so you can backup the system data or stock ROM so as to keep the same way the device works as before.
- TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a popular custom recovery for Android devices and this guide will walk you through the process of installing it without a PC.
- For instance, you can add “-apk” after the command “adb backup” to take the backup of apps.
- The stock boot image is typically required by users who want to root their phones without TWRP recovery.
- The Android operating system includes an in-built backup utility for the Adobe Developer Branch (ADB).
Now is the time for app messages, like those of WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Most of those offer in-app backup options and are best suitable for the situation. Read the article linked below, to know more about backing up WhatsApp messages to Google Drive. Are you thinking of flashing a custom ROM, or maybe just a mod? But stock firmware before you head towards any of it, you might want to flip through this article that will show you how to backup Android devices and why you should do it. This backup option is device-specific, which means if you have devices for which your phone manufacturer made the app/software, only you can use this option. As you know, Contacts are an essential part of our smartphone.